[clug] Transact Progress(?)

Michael.James at csiro.au Michael.James at csiro.au
Fri Aug 22 14:38:31 EST 2003

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 02:15 pm, Andrew Smith replied:
> > I think you could do TV over ULL, it's just never been done before.
>
> The reason?  Distance.  Transact's maximum copper deployment radius is
> 300metres from the shelf (pole).

It's infuriating that although that short distance
 and good cable are capable of 55 Meg per pair,
 they only offer*  2 Meg one way.

It degrades the TransACT network back to what ADSL can offer cheaper.

michaelj

* To get 10 Meg full duplex would cost $800? per month,
 I doubt they get much revenue from this price step.

Michael James				michael.james at csiro.au
System Administrator			voice:	02 6246 5040
CSIRO Bioinformatics Facility	fax:		02 6246 5166