[clug] Transact Progress(?)

Ian Matters ian at iristech.com.au
Fri Aug 22 11:04:26 EST 2003

I emailed TransACT recently about when my neck of the woods in Belconnen
would be wired up and was told that Stage 1 is completed and that Stage 2
hasn't started yet.  As usual when I have asked for more specific dates I
was told that it would be a few months.  A bit unconvincing since I've
been told that several times already over the past 2 or 3 years!

I've decided to give up waiting for TransACT and to investigate ADSL.
TransACT's TV and phone offerings are very ordinary - as far as I'm
concerned the main reason for their existance is as a pipe to the
Internet.

Regards, Ian
Ian R. Matters
Iris Technologies, Canberra, Australia