[clug] Webone

Mark Triggs mst at dishevelled.net
Thu Aug 21 23:24:27 EST 2003

Simon Yates <syates at webone.com.au> writes:

> Sorry to ask this question again if it has already been asked, but are
> other people seeing a marked drop in performance in download rates.
> Webone was consistenlty ~= 50kb know Im seeing fluctuations between 14kb
> and at best 42kb.

I agree - it feels a little slower to me, but I haven't done any real
testing.

On a similar note, my webone address currently seems to be rejecting
mail - have any webone users (who are seeing this message) had similar
problems? I notice:

  $ dig webone.com.au mx +short

returns nothing, and port 25 on webone.com.au refuses my connections.
Maybe it's just updated DNS records taking time to propagate..

> It also seems that the monthly usage reports appear not to be working
> and the replacement mechanisim seems not to be working at all.

Yep, I've noticed this also. I'm hoping these are just teething
problems.

Cheers,

Mark

--