[clug] Hardware RAID

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Thu Aug 21 20:01:41 EST 2003

I only know about the 3ware Escalade. What happens there is that the IDE
drives plug into the card. The driver then makes the RAID arrays (there can
be more than one) appear as SCSI drives. Other than providing a daemon to
let you control various aspects of the arrays on the fly, the rest of the
system doesn't see any differences.

Resizing on the fly may be interesting though.

--
Martijn van Oosterhout   <kleptog at svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/