[clug] sec: unclassified - Samba Team, on SCO and sweet irony

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at anu.edu.au
Thu Aug 21 10:46:19 EST 2003

It's interesting.  If, heaven forbid, SCO argues successfully that the GPL is invalid it will itself have been acting illegally using Samba!!!!

Kim

At 9:46 AM +1000 03/8/21, Ellis, LCDR Peter wrote:
>For the few who may not slavishly read http://Slashdot.org ...
>

>Posted by CmdrTaco <http://cmdrtaco.net/>  on Wednesday August 20, @11:42AM
>from the sweet-sweet-irony dept.
>An anonymous reader noted an article talking about the Samba Team's
>Statement to SCO <http://linuxtoday.com/developer/2003082001326OSCYNT> .
>While Darl McBride blasts the GPL, his company simultaneously announces the
>use of Samba 3 in their OpenServer product. I'm not sure if it breaks my
>heart or boils my blood to read this stuff. Probably a little of both.
>

>:-)
>
>Peter

Kim Holburn
Network Consultant - Telecommunications Engineering
Research School of Information Sciences and Engineering
Australian National University - Ph: +61 2 61258620 M: +61 0417820641
Email: kim.holburn at anu.edu.au  - PGP Public Key on request

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary parts.
     Andrea Leistra (rec.arts.sf.written.Robert-jordan)