[clug] Time to contact the ACCC

Paul Matthews paulmatthews at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 19 10:37:52 EST 2003

On the ACCC web site (www.accc.gov.au) you can send
off an email complaint. I have submitted two
concerning SCO one last week, and one this week over
McBride's latest outburst. [See below]

I suggest that all CLUGers may want to send in
complaints of thier own.

McBride quotes:

" . . .there are some 2.5 million servers running
Linux and . . . SCO has 'identified by name those
companies running many of them.'

"'We are in the process of contacting them about
coming into compliance and taking a UnixWare license
from us. If they refuse to do so, we will sue them
directly and see them in court,' he said.

"When asked by eWEEK if SCO intended to first sue a
large Linux user like a Wall Street financial firm or
an enterprise-level Linux customer, McBride said that
would probably be the case as smaller companies tend
to settle when faced with litigation. . . .

=====
-- Paul Matthews
This email is intended for the use of the individual addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution  or copying of this email is not authorised (either explicitly or implicity) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas.

http://search.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Search