[clug] global string replacement

Peter Barker pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
Fri Aug 15 16:38:36 EST 2003

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003, Adrian Blake wrote:

> I need to do a global string replacement on multiple files within a
> directory

> e.g. replace  KPushButton with QPushButton
>
> with multiple occurrences per file on all files within a directory.
>
> There must be a one line command, but what is it?

Nonono, not "a" "more than one"

find . -type f | xargs perl -pi -e 's/foo/bar/g'

Or there-abouts. I actually wrote a script "slaughter.pl" dto do something
similar a long time ago. Still use it every now and then.

> Adrian

Yours,
--
Peter Barker                          |   N    _--_|\ /---- Barham, Vic
Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek              | W + E /     /\