[clug] Daemonizing a shell

Michael.James at csiro.au Michael.James at csiro.au
Fri Aug 8 17:53:14 EST 2003

I have a package that provides function calls at the command line.
Trouble is that I have to initialise the package before they work,
 and that's more expensive (in time) than a single function call.

Not a problem on a single computer, I login,
 initialise the package and am ready to do many function calls.

But in a cluster, I want to fire calls at nodes remotely.
Any easy way (a perl daemon would be nice)
 to have a command line open (and initialised),
 continously waiting for input?

TIA,
michaelj

Michael James				michael.james at csiro.au
System Administrator			voice:	02 6246 5040
CSIRO Bioinformatics Facility	fax:		02 6246 5166