[clug] Your Best arguments please

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at anu.edu.au
Fri Aug 8 12:10:03 EST 2003

At 11:51 PM +1000 03/8/7, Kim Holburn wrote:
>>First, technological innovation for the most part has been, and will continue to be, spurred on in the context of for-profit entrepreneurial ventures. The protection of proprietary copyright law provides incentives for continuing innovation via the market-based feedback of the pricing system.

Just thinking about this again.  I think it's complete crap.

First most major technological innovations in the twentieth century and maybe before this has for the most part been spurred by war.

As well as this most of the really big ideas have arisen out of basic science research that is an open exchange of ideas (hey I would say that since I work at a university!)

Maybe I need to think this through a bit more but I thought I'd throw it out there for comment.

Kim
Kim Holburn
Network Consultant - Telecommunications Engineering
Research School of Information Sciences and Engineering
Australian National University - Ph: +61 2 61258620 M: +61 0417820641
Email: kim.holburn at anu.edu.au  - PGP Public Key on request

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary parts.
     Andrea Leistra (rec.arts.sf.written.Robert-jordan)