[clug] Re: Acquiring Red Hat, Mandrake, Debian

Chris Pilkington pilch84 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 7 01:47:38 EST 2003

<whisper>Pssst.  If you want linux distros, but cannot wait for the
download, go to a LAN http://www.actgn.com they cost $15, so if you like
gaming also (And have a windows box) then it is well worth it.  Just ask
someone what the FTP server's address is, it hosts all (legal) stuff,
patches for games, service packs, free utilities, anything else that would
take a while to download normally with dial up and most importantly, linux
distros.  I love it cos I am already there for gaming, plus I can be
downloading patches, distros etc. that I would normally be downloading
(slowly) at home.  I think it is just a mirror of all the files that
actgn.com host on their actual web server, not sure.  The first time I went
was great, cos I was downloading Red Hat at home, and they just had it on
the server, so I could download it in minutes, so much easier than 56k
ftping</whisper>

Chris