[clug] kernel options

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Tue Aug 5 22:49:00 EST 2003

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 02:02:08PM +1000, Andrew wrote:
> Hi All!
>           I've been looking into some kernel options - mostly raising
> some basic limits (like max open files) - I know a lot of this can be
> done on the fly with changes to the proc file system.... But can anyone
> point me to some 2.4 series hard-coded options? (most of the guides I
> have found are for the 2.2 or 2.0 series).
>
> Any general advice also appreciated.

Hard-coded? Are there still any of those?

The user-modifiable parameters are generally under /proc/sys/. The names
are relativly self explanitory. man proc gives a summary of a lot of the
options, most of the rest are in the documentation of the kernel source.

Hope this helps,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout   <kleptog at svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/