[clug] Wanna hold an installfest?

Darren Freeman daz111 at rsphysse.anu.edu.au
Mon Aug 4 13:01:32 EST 2003

On Sun, 2003-08-03 at 23:48, George Selwyn Bills wrote:
>  > Methinks that the start of University semesters are a good time to
> hold these things
>
>    The start of semester is pretty busy...  Lots of work involved in
> learning tute times, resits, orientation with new classes etcetera.  How
> about a few weeks before the semester starts?  It's holidays so people
> will have a lot of time, the impending new semester has them in the

NONONO!

It's holidays so people will be on *holiday* ;)

I find that the geeks already know what they are doing, while the
non-geeks are on holiday and won't be thinking about studies until a
fortnight into the semester when the first assignments become due.

I say let everyone get settled in and then begin the advertising (which
would be about now). Then follows the installfest.

Darren