[clug] Problems with Western Digital and Linux?

Pearl Louis pearl.louis at anu.edu.au
Sun Aug 3 17:01:06 EST 2003

Hi!

I finally figured out the problem I was having (see my previous message).  It
seems that there were 3 fatal corruptions on my reiserfs partitions which I
fixed with reiserfschk --rebuildtree.  That seemed to solve the problem.
However looking at my FAT32 partitions I can see more than a dozen bad
blocks.  Hmmm...think it's time to get a new hard drive...

I was thinking of getting a Western Digital.  I seem to recall that there were
problems with Western Digital ATA100 drives and Linux a couple of years back.
Do those problems still exist with current WD ATA100 HDs?

Thanks!
Pearl