[clug] File Browsers, Nautilus etc

Grant Morphett grant at gmorph.com
Fri Aug 1 16:42:15 EST 2003

I am trying to find a good file browser.  Before the holy war starts I use the
CLI mostly but for some jobs you just can't beat a good file browser.

I am running latest Debian Sid with Gnome.  I like nautilus's file browser itself
but i don't like everything else I have to run with it or the way it takes over
my world or its size.  I have tried waffle (one huge perl scirpt - yurch) and
endeavour2 but both have been unsatisfactory.  gnome-commander - not after the
midnight commander look so that also rules out FileRunner and gentoo.

Any suggestions most welcome.

Oh, if you hate the way nautilus messes with your root background (i.e. like me
your trying to run xplanet) etc try

nautilus --no-desktop

cheers

Grant