[clug] laptop repairs?

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au
Tue Apr 29 16:55:11 EST 2003

Much of the time it'll be the physical connection between the
screen and the laptop mobo. This should be pretty straightforward
for any decent repair tech to fix (though we had some laptops that
never came good despite repeated warranty jobs).

Oddly, the sci.electronics.repair FAQ says very little about LCDs.
But once upon a time, I saw a pretty good diagnostic guide (that
I have not been able to re-find).

I also saw (Saturday's Canberra Times?) someone in town advertising
the repair of mobile phones, they'd possibly have the sort of tools
needed to fix dodgey connections.

Antti