SOLUTION: [clug] Network Simulator Software

Aaron Smith Aaron.Smith at Sun.COM
Tue Apr 29 15:09:19 EST 2003

NIST Net was exactly what I was after. Pros: Simple to configure and
use. Cons: Far too little doc and only runs on linux (also running on
solaris would have been nice).

Network Simulator 2 can simulate almost any network, and could have done
the job, but is complex and interacting to the real world (network
interfaces) seems to be an experimental "extra feature".

Brad Hards wrote:

--

Aaron Smith