[clug] help me

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Fri Apr 25 16:53:23 EST 2003

On 25 Apr 2003, "¸ß·å@ÍøÒ×" <zpeak at 163.com> wrote:
> Hello:
>     I program the firewall used the iptable under linux ,The kernel is 2.4.18 ,
> I coun't call the system call ,example sys_open ,sys_close,
> The problem is i could't write file ,what can i do ,

It is not possible to make system calls from inside the kernel.  You must not
call sys_*, because they assume they're called from userspace.

If you really need to open files you can call into the VFS  but it's not generally
considered a good idea for the kernel to create files.

Perhaps you should do this from userspace?

Cheers,
--
Martin