[clug] help needed - Officejet 7110 printing problem under RH7.2

Slawomir Orlowski orlowscy at hotpop.com
Wed Apr 23 05:25:33 EST 2003

Hello,

I have RH 7.2 and was trying to make HP Officejet 7110 work with it.
I have upgraded ghostscipt to 7.0.6 installed hpijs1.3.1 and foomatic-2.0.

So in printconf-gui I was able to chose HP OfficeJet 7110 from the printers
list and install hpijs driver.
After sending page to print, printer is displaying message (printing) after
printing page and diode On is blinking.
Setting in printconf-gui under tab Driver Options "Send EOF" (does not
change a thing) I have tried "Send FF" too, this will after printing throw
out one or two empty paper sheets. But printer display will still show
printing until I press Cancel on the printer.

but my main problem is that I would like to set up this printer as network
printer connected to this RH7.2. So I have
configured samba 2.2.3.a:
"
[hp7110]
 comment = HP 7110 printer
 path = /var/spool/samba
 guest ok = Yes
 print ok = Yes
 printable = Yes
But unfortunately when I chose connection method (Through the network later
Search the network for devices ...) during HP driver instalation on my Win98
client, I'm getting message unable to locate hp officejet 7100 series.

So he is not able to find this printer on network, though in Windows
explorer I see this printer under the name of server it is connected to.
I have one more server with Samba and RH and I have older HP laser printer
connected to it,
and I'm able to print from my Win clients though Samba without any problem.
I would appreciate any help in any of these topics especially in second
one..

Best regards
Slawomir Orlowski