[clug] Changing ADSL providers HOWTO?

Daniel McNamara daniel at codefish.net.au
Mon Apr 14 16:25:22 EST 2003

Just in relation to all this Telstra today announced an all new and
hopefully faster churn process that apparently will reduce ADSL ISP change
over time from from days to mere hours. I'm guessing time will tell if
this is actually the case. Article for refrence at:

http://australianit.news.com.au/articles/0,7204,6282249%5E15306%5E%5Enbv%5E,00.html

Cheers

Daniel

> Hey,
>
> I've seen references in the past to how to speed up a ADSL provider
> changeover. I can't find them now.
>
> Does anyone want to share their hints on the whole thing?
>
> My understanding is it is something along the lines of:
>
>  - find new provider
>  - sign up with new provider
>  - ring Telstra and tell them where to put their ADSL (do I need a job
>    number from Telstra)
>  - wait
>
> Any more hints?
>
> Mikal
>
> --
>
> Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com) | Stage 1: Steal underpants
> http://www.stillhq.com            | Stage 2: ????
> UTC + 10                          | Stage 3: Profit

           Sent from Code Fish Web Mail
           Code Fish - Fishing for clues
           http://www.codefish.net.au