[clug] Followup to noPOST Server

Mark Paine mark at paineless.id.au
Sun Apr 6 21:16:12 EST 2003

Just following up from my email on Friday about a server that would not
do a POST.  Well, stripped it down yesteryday to just the CPU and it
still would not boot.  Took out the PSU and had a look inside and it was
rather dusty.  Got the vacuum out and gave the PSU a blow and a vacuum
and plugged it back in and the system came back to life.  Still gave the
contacts on the CPU and memory a clean. Put it all back together and it
hasn't missed a beat since. Was only able to give it a good run today
(10hrs so far today) with not a hint of trouble which is a far cry than
what its been doing the last couple of weeks.  Keeping my fingers
crossed....

Mark P.
--
.sig - TBA