Cross-Compiler

Andreas Bauer baueran at in.tum.de
Fri Sep 27 16:37:43 EST 2002

Hi All,

I've had a chat with some of you about this last night at the CLUG
meeting:  I'm having difficulties getting a cross-compiler for (say)
arm-elf to work.

1. I can configure and install the binutils for this platform.  But
   that's about it.  Can someone shed some light on how to go from here?

My guess is,

2. Get arm kernel sources and put them somewhere safe, e.g. $HOME/arm-elf

3. Configure and compile gcc for arm-elf using the above include and lib
   files

4. Configure and compile glibc

Can someone verify this?  Are my assumptions correct, is all that
necessary?  I tried building gcc without arm kernel sources and it would
not work.  I also tried building a custom glibc for arm first, but that
didn't work either.

I'd be happy to get some feedback on this.

Cheers,
Andi.

--
(o_  Andreas Bauer, baueran at in.tum.de, http://home.in.tum.de/baueran/
//\  "I never let my schooling get in the way of my