NIC Driver

Kenneth Illingsworth ILLINGSK at cityofrochester.gov
Fri Sep 27 04:06:35 EST 2002

I just installed Caldera OpenLinux v2.3 on a Dell Optiplex GX110, 128 MB RAM, and 8GB HD. It also sports a 3com 905C NIC for which I download the unsupported 3c90x-1.0.0j.3-12-01.tar driver file and transferred it via diskette to a downloads directory. Linux can read the file and shows four files. Two are c-language programs labeled 309x.c and 390x.h, and the third is a makefile file and the last is a nicext file which is also a c-language program. I am having trouble figuring out how to install this driver. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Ken Illingsworth