Remote mount of a cdrom

Burn Alting burn at goldweb.com.au
Wed Sep 25 14:44:25 EST 2002

Hi Peoples,

I have two Redhat 7.2's. One has a CDRW and the other just a plain CD.
I want to mount the 'plain' CD on the other system.

I've edited the 'plain' CD systems /etc/exports file with
	/	host_cdrw(rw,no_root_squash)
and reexported all filesystems. Then, on host_cdrw, I run

	mount \
	-o ro host_cd:/mnt/cdrom /mnt/cdrom

This fails with 'Permission denied' and on the plain CD system the log shows
Sep 25 14:37:32 host_cdrw rpc.mountd: authenticated mount request from
192.168.1.100:862 for /mnt/cdrom (/)
Sep 25 14:37:32 host_cdrw rpc.mountd: getfh failed: Operation not permitted

Reading between the lines, the get file handle code says you can do this.

Can any one suggest what I need to do?

Thanks in advance

Burn