OT: Power Supplies

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au
Thu Sep 19 16:53:41 EST 2002

Will low level white noise do that? I thought it was the sound
pressure that damaged the cilia.

I think it is tuning it out. I have a friend whose room was full
of PCs and he slept happily amongst the buzzing. After he moved them
out, he kept waking up because of the silence. If he was indeed
deaf, how would he have noticed the silence?

Industrial deafness (tinnutus) gets you a ringing in the ears rather
than silence.

Antti