OT: Power Supplies

Jeremy jepri at webone.com.au
Thu Sep 19 16:25:14 EST 2002

>those things, but how to connect without major surgery?

It doesn't really require major surgery.  Five minutes with a pair of clippers
and  a screwdriver and you can mix'n'match any power connectors you want.  But
of course, none of us would ever consider it, because it's illegial.

I haven't ever seen anyone selling this kind of thing, and I've had a bit of
a look for it.  Perhaps it is also illegial, since the IEC plugs are sold in
America and Australia, so there's no way to prevent a normal device being plugged
into the wrong voltage power supply?