refreshing suse

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at anu.edu.au
Wed Sep 18 14:49:12 EST 2002

I have a suse system which I think has some corruption and I want to refresh everything.

What is the simplest way to do this?  is there a yast way of doing this?

Will rpm --freshen write files if it is the same version?

Is it possible to do something like the following?
Does the order matter?

rpm -q -a rpm -q -a --queryformat "%{NAME}\n" >/tmp/rpms
#compare pkgs with a mounted distro at /suse and get a list of package files
while read line;do
  ls /suse/*/$line*.rpm
done < /tmp/rpms > /tmp/list
rpm -F `cat /tmp/list`

Kim
Kim Holburn
Network Consultant - Telecommunications Engineering
Research School of Information Sciences and Engineering
Australian National University - Ph: +61 2 61258620 M: +61 0417820641
Email: kim.holburn at anu.edu.au  - PGP Public Key on request

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary parts.
     Andrea Leistra (rec.arts.sf.written.Robert-jordan)