Debian Sparc4 goes crazy (SCSI error)

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au
Wed Sep 18 13:58:09 EST 2002

Hello all,

Has anyone one had issues with Debian Sparc going nuts?
(Potato with a stock kernel)

Last night while I was doing other stuff somewhere else, my Squid/DNS
which has run quietly for months started spewing this message:

	esp0: DMA error a4400202
	esp: Resetting scsi bus

repeatedly to console before refusing to listen to me at all.
Reboot, fsck (messy) and it's been running OK since.

The only reference I have found on Usenet or Google was
SCSI termination on an IPX, but since it was working before,
and it's an SCA disk, I can't see it being the case here.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Cheers,

Antti