ps2pdf making very large pdf files

Brett Worth brettw at cray.com
Tue Sep 17 11:14:58 EST 2002

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, John Griffiths wrote:

> I've got a debian 3.0 system running gs 7.05 and samba and I'm using it as
> a pdf printer

I'm not sure you want to use ghostscript to do this.  Once you've converted
the PDF to postscript it should just go straight to the postscript engine
on the printer.  Sounds like you might be rasterising the output with
ghostscript and sending a graphical representation of the pages to the HP
using HPGL.

If the ghostscript is what you need for good looking output then maybe
you'll also have to deal with the large files.

--
Brett