linux rescue

Tomasz Ciolek tmc at dreamcraft.com.au
Tue Sep 17 08:42:34 EST 2002

If one is setting up a machine to boot form the /dev/hdbXX one needs to
install the boot block that points to the kernl on the bootable hdd,
ussualy, uder IDE the hda.

So in the message below, the IDE-1 is likely to be primary master IDE,
(depending on the mobo and their device naming, of course) or the bios,
may need to be told to boot of the primary slave (/dev/hdb) disk.

regards
Tomasz Ciolek.

PS I have ran into some older bioses, Phoenix mopst often, that will NOT
boot to a linux partition and one has to boot to a DOS or FAT and
bootstrap from there...

regards
TMC

--
Tomasz M. Ciolek	*
			* 	Everything falls under the law of change;