Rack mount cases

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Wed Sep 11 08:55:44 EST 2002

On Wednesday, September 11, 2002, at 07:35 , Brad Hards wrote:

> My minds eye still sees some nice racking and neatly arranged servers
> (with a
> few blinking lights to make a nice glow at night :)
> However I take the point about maybe using smallish boxes and hiding it
> behind
> a rack door. I guess an standard ATX box (desktop, not tower) will fit
> into a
> 19" rack?

A standard mini or full tower case will also fit two to a shelf - you
just have to allow more room for the shelf.  Where possible, go for
slimline desktop cases or mini towers.  If you're stacking vertically,
only stack two or three to a shelf.  More than that makes maintenance a
pain.

Please don't go buying rack-mount cases - they're over priced and under
featured.  Just the kind of thing you want to impress customers with,
but not much use otherwise.

Alex