Capturing Real Audio stream - (linux digest, Vol 1 #891)

Sakari Mattila smattila at bigpond.com
Fri Sep 6 00:25:19 EST 2002

I have been recording Real Audio with KDE's kmix and krecord.
RealAudio (Netscape) is available as one of the standard mixer
channels.

Right click the leftmost slider and mark it as RecSource, works
with SuSe 6.4 on old 400 MHz PII pretty well. Some tasks,
like rendering big pictures on web pages may cause temporary
clicks in recording. AM radio quality is 8-bits, 8000 samples
per second. A few samples clipped is OK, but several clippings
per minute sounds nasty. Memory buffer instead of disk buffer
in krecord works better, but you have to save the buffer.

Sakari

Sakari.Mattila at canberra.edu.au	= smattila at bigpond.com
Tel. 0408 53 3474 (Int. +61 408 53 3474)