[long] Re: Legal traps in open source *WAY* OT.

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at openminddev.net
Thu Oct 31 23:30:55 EST 2002

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002 5:59 pm, Alex Satrapa wrote:
<snip>
> In some cars these days, you cannot start the engine until the gears are
> in neutral - this is common in automatics (there is no clutch), I don't
> think I've seen it in manuals yet (the manufacturer assumes you'll have
> the gears in neutral or the clutch disengaged).

My friend's Hyundai Excel was a manual, and would only start when the clutch
was pressed to the floor.

Personally, I didn't like it, as I always put the car in neutral anyway, and
forcing me to put the clutch in too was superfluous and just irritated me.  I
don't like being treated as just a 'stupid user', which is, for example, why
I prefer Linux over Windows.

Rasjid.