[long] Re: Legal traps in open source

Paul Bryan pa_bryan at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 31 14:24:08 EST 2002

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002 11:02, Alex Satrapa wrote:
> It must really suck to work for a company who mandates Microsoft Outlook.

It certainly does. :(

Has anyone had experience using fetchmail with ntlm authentication over imap?

Does anyone know if this works in a W2k environment where machines have to be
added to the domain by an admin before they can join the wonderful world of
M$?

The issue I see is that even if I can authenticate using ntlm, it may still
reject me as my PC isn't part of the domain. Anyone had any experience there?

I think this may be one way around lookout, but I don't think RedHat compiles
in ntlm support. I'll have a play with it when I get a minute. Maybe
tomorrow. I'll have to get the sources I guess.

Does anyone know if the debian package supports ntlm?

Cheers
Paul.