undelete directory

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au
Thu Oct 31 14:16:17 EST 2002

Hmmm....

Would it be sensible to change the behaviour of delete
to not unlink the file but move it into a cache?

I know desktops that do this, but having Samba/ext behave
in this way would be kind of cool, most people notice
catastrophic errors pretty quickly.

For example, I used to have a trashcan app that cycled
through 7 daily trashcans, giving me a week's grace.

On a side not, I once discovered a "deleted" directory
months after the fact. Someone had used a GUI to drop it
deep into some forgotten corner of the filesystem.

Antti