shadowing video

Scott D. Ferguson scottf at angelfire.com
Thu Oct 31 14:06:25 EST 2002

<I've just inherited a Linux box with Debian installed.
<In the BIOS setting I notice that all shadowing <options have been selected (including video).  <Normally (under OS/2 or Win9x) I would de-select <these options.
<What option is best (for performance) under Linux?

Answering my own question :-)

According to Debian documentation - best option for performance is to turn off ALL shadowing (video and bios).
---
If 6 million people believe a stupid thing,
        - it's still a stupid thing...