Legal traps in open source

Christopher Yeoh cyeoh at samba.org
Wed Oct 30 13:32:52 EST 2002

At 2002/10/30 12:33+1100  Michael Still writes:
> Like everybody I know. I think I know about two engineering graduates who
> actually go real technical stuff. Also, real engineers have ongoing
> training requirements, and must carry a bizillion dollars in liability
> insurance.

Really? I know a few engineers actually working in the field they
studied[1] and they have don't have any ongoing training requirements,
nor insurance. Unless you're working as a consultant normally you're
covered by the company you work for, but thats also true in the
software field.

Chris

[1] Seems to be a bit of a rarity :-)
cyeoh at samba.org