Emacs link breaking?

Bill Clarke llib at computer.org
Tue Oct 29 10:06:18 EST 2002

On Tue, 2002-10-29 at 09:39, Simon Fowler wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 09:35:30AM +1100, Matthew Hawkins wrote:
> > Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com) wrote:
> > > I have a large source tree. I would like to be able to have a second copy
> > > of that source tree where the second copy is composed of hard links. When

go to the "backup" group in customize (M-x customize, Files, Backup).
the first two options should be on (Make Backup Files), off (Backup By
Copying) and off (Backup By Copying When Linked).  the third one may be
non-nil for you which is not what you want.

cheers,
/lib
--
/lib: Bill Clarke  ResearchScientist CAPResearch DeptCompSci ANU .au
http://llib.cjb.net llib at computer.org  tel:+61-2-6125x5687 fax:x0010