Emacs link breaking?

Simon Fowler simon at himi.org
Tue Oct 29 09:39:26 EST 2002

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 09:35:30AM +1100, Matthew Hawkins wrote:
> Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com) wrote:
> > I have a large source tree. I would like to be able to have a second copy
> > of that source tree where the second copy is composed of hard links. When
>
> bk clone -l /your/repo /new/loc

I don't think it's the linking that's the problem, it's making sure
that emacs correctly breaks the link when it edits the file.
Normally it writes a new file, then renames it over the old one,
which breaks any hardlink to the old file - that's the behaviour
he's after. It's also the default in emacs, as far as I know, so I'm
not sure where the problem is . . .

If RH has broken that, they need a good kick up the backside.

Simon

--
PGP public key Id 0x144A991C, or http://himi.org/stuff/himi.asc
(crappy) Homepage: http://himi.org