Debian crashing

James McNeill james at heague.com.au
Tue Oct 29 05:57:36 EST 2002

IT did happen. I've got a debian server (2.2 R6) running Samba, Exim,
SSH and a few other services. It's been running fine for a month and a
half with no prblems. Last week it crashed hard, and has been falling in
a heap about once a day since then.

I've gone through all the /var/log files but can't see anything that
might be casuing the crashes. the logs just kinda --stop-- in their
tracks, then resume after the reboot.

I generally feel that it is a hardware problem since it is running a
solid install of debian and clocked 40 days of uptime before this
happened. The only thing I can think of is the warmer weather is casing
it to overheat. Is there any way to establish what is happening?
TIA

-James

--
======
This signature was stolen from the 'self referencing statments' department