RHat 8, KDE 3.0.3 and SMB Browsing

James Ring sjr at southsky.com.au
Mon Oct 28 10:25:25 EST 2002

Hi guys,

I have a small home network, which includes a fileserver which exports
user home directories via samba. I can browse the shares just fine using
smbclient, and Gnome Nautilus. With Konqueror, I can see a list of all
the shares on the machine, but when I try and browse those shares,
Konqueror appears sits there trying to browse the share indefinitely. It
does not time out.

I have, on rare occasions, managed to get Konqueror to leave smbclients
which use 100% CPU sitting around, and have had Konqueror crash with
SIGSEGV :/

Sorry to be so vague, but these last two events are not easily
reproducible...

I was just wondering if anybody else has had the same problem, and maybe
if they've fixed it. I'll just have to stick to Gnome for now :(

Thanks for your time,
James