Getting a NIC going under Debian.....

Donovan J. Edye d.edye at bigfoot.com
Sun Oct 27 23:58:28 EST 2002

G'Day,

I am still trying to create a boot disk for Debian ;-) (The box in question
only has a floppy drive, some RAM and a NIC in it). What has been holding me
back is determining what NIC I have. After hours of searching I have finally
determined with the help of:

http://cvs.debian.org/debian-installer/tools/ddetect/Attic/ethdetect.h?logso
rt=date&only_with_tag=MAIN&annotate=1.1&sortby=date&hideattic=1&search=None&
hidecvsroot=1&diff_format=u

that it is a "AXE2201" }, /* Xerox Corporation : SN2000. So now the question
is. How do I go about building a boot floppy that will support the NIC. I
suspect I will need to use isapnp as well. Any pointers?

-- Donovan
E-Mail: d.edye at bigfoot.com Web: www.edye.wattle.id.au/
"If I throw a stick will you go away?"
"Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my pants!"
GXExplorer - Freeware Delphi Windows Explorer Replacement
and Delphi Components www.gxexplorer.org