cisco 827h OT

Leigh finch lfinch at asitis.net.au
Mon Oct 21 21:13:17 EST 2002

OT
Hi all,
I know this is way OT, but I have a cisco 827h router at work for which we
have just allocated /28 network for the inside. now I have had telstra add us
into the tables. now I have set up an internal box with one of the IP's alon
with the ethernet interface on the router with one as well. I cannot access
any services of the internal network server, such as mail, or the web
server... when I do a traceroute on the internal server, it stops at the
outside interface on the router, saying it has completed, no time outs...
when I ping a valid internal IP it says the address comming back is the one
of the external interface on the router, obviousely if I try to ping a non
valid IP on our network I get the 100% packet loss.

Would this have anything to do with NAT? or is there something else I need to
do, as I no longer need NAT, if they are non private IP's.

cheers
Leigh