Small PC...

Simon Fowler simon at himi.org
Fri Oct 18 20:59:15 EST 2002

On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 12:21:23PM +1000, Jeremy wrote:
> >Seconded - that'd make a very nice router/firewall or fileserver or
> >entertainment box or something like that . . .
>
> All the above, plus nifty things like a multi-processor mosix box that I can
> upgrade by dropping a new board in.

Mmmmmmm . . . That's actually a /very/ cool idea. And at those
prices, you could get four processors for maybe $$1800-$2000,
depending on how much memory and diskage you put in. That'd make a
very nice little ripping/encoding system, or render farm, or all
sorts of things . . .

> Plus I move every year (darn rental market) and I'm getting sick of lugging
> 50kgs of computer around...

Well, you'd still be lugging around power supplies and disks and
other peripherals, just smaller cases. An improvement, but not a
really massive one. Still, better than nothing . . .

Simon

--
PGP public key Id 0x144A991C, or http://himi.org/stuff/himi.asc
(crappy) Homepage: http://himi.org