TransACT pppoe dropouts

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at openminddev.net
Thu Oct 17 23:30:50 EST 2002

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 9:07 pm, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> The dropped packets could certinaly indicate a problem - that's packets
> between your ethernet card, and the xDSL modem.
>
> Might be worth checking the cabling.

I'm beginning to think it may be the set-top-box that is the problem.  I never
watch TV, so I don't really notice what the box is doing.  But I have noticed
when walking past occasionally that is has been rebooting for no apparent
reason.  Now I think about it, it is obvious that my link will go down if the
STB reboots.  And given that I've noticed the box rebooting at least 3 times
over the last week, and I very rarely even look at the STB, I beginning to
wonder just how often the thing has been rebooting.

I guess I just have to put the TV on and observe the STB (and ignore the TV).

Thanks to all who replied.

Rasjid.