MS SQL -> PostgreSQL: COPY command

Terence Kearns tkearns at fastmail.fm
Wed Oct 16 13:27:05 EST 2002

To be fair, it looks like they are planning to address most of the
serious deficiences for industrial strength capabilities.
see. http://www.mysql.com/products/mysql-4.0/index.html

these changes are still in beta (have been for a few years now if I'm
not mistaken).

And, there are some nice features that not many other databases have. As
far as I know, you can't do joins across databases in postgres (without
using system tables?).