Linux gaining acceptance in Canberra

James McNeill james at heague.com.au
Mon Oct 14 16:57:33 EST 2002

What we really need is to form a new group to *coherently* advocate
open-source software in government/education  etc. The government is
used to having corporations walk up to them with large scale proposals
and high-flying contracts. Nobody has the funding to push open-source,
and all the gov't sees is a bunch of hobbyists playing with code.

Maybe even a volunteer base to facilitate public schools migration from
closed source ??

-James

--
======
This signature was stolen from the 'self referencing statments' department