Debian & Intel 82562ET Ethernet Controller

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at openminddev.net
Sun Oct 13 23:07:15 EST 2002

On Sun, 13 Oct 2002 10:17 pm, Mark Paine wrote:
> So, is this chip supported? If so which driver works with it (yeah I
> know I could download the Intel driver, but I'm being a bit lazy at the
> moment and I thought that the standard linux driver would have supported
> it?  Or is it a case, that the chip is so new (which I don't think it
> is), that a more recent kernel than 2.4.18 is required?

I can't talk from experience, but there was some discussion recently on the
e-smith development list about the pro's and con's of the e100 vs the
eepro100 modules.  IIRC there was some mention of some chips that worked with
the e100 but not the eepro100.

Sorry this is a bit vague.  See
http://www.mail-archive.com/devinfo%40lists.e-smith.org/ for the actual
posts.