RedHat 7.3 CD's - The latest

Bob Edwards Robert.Edwards at anu.edu.au
Wed Oct 9 16:28:25 EST 2002

Paul Bryan wrote:

> Yes, but it's not totally up to me unfortunately. Maybe this is the perfect
> opportunity to make a case for it!
>
> On Wednesday 09 October 2002 13:29, Matthew Hawkins wrote:
> > I've installed Debian on a HP Vectra, didn't have any problems with any
> > of the CD's.  Perhaps you too need to switch to such a higher quality
> > distribution?  ;-)

For the record, I have the _real_ RH7.3 CDs, as well as ISOs downloaded
from mirror.aarnet.edu.au. I have not seen these lower quality CDs being
sold through various newsagencies around Canberra, but have heard a number
of horror stories.

I have "upgraded" quite a few systems from RH7.2 to RH7.3 with no problems
at all on any of the CDs.

I did have one problem on a RH7.1 upgrade to RH7.3 where the installed htdig
RPM did not want to be upgraded. In the end, I had to perform the upgrade
with this one package de-selected from the list and it all went OK. I think
it was a one-off on that particular machine. I could subsequently upgrade
that RPM with no problems.

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.