CD Audio cable

James McNeill james at heague.com.au
Tue Oct 8 12:26:07 EST 2002

I've got great gripes against cd-rom to soundcard audio cables. I'd like
to meet the guy who decided on running an unshielded cable from the
cdrom (often at the top of the case) all the way down past the other
drives, past the IDE cables, pass by the CPU, loop around the AGP, over
the NIC to eventually plug into the sound card (witch I keep on the
bottommost PCI slot, to reduce noise ;-)!
OK, so maybe it's not always this bad, but on most systems, the CD
channel will pick up every bit of system noise there is.
In my experiance, to get any sort of quality from your CD you need to
run a cable out of the front of the CDROM. This way you can use your
CDROM as a stand-alone cd player, and not need to configure any sound
drivers etc.

just saying.
-james