24 port switch recommendations

Stephen Peilschmidt stephen at sfp.com.au
Fri Oct 4 21:34:55 EST 2002

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a 24 port 10/100 unmanaged switch for my home 19 inch
rack -you've all got one havent you? :)

What I have found:

1. Trendnet N-way switch from Cougar - price is $523 - this is
rackmountable - not sure if the rack mounts are supplied - should be in
stock 12/10/02 (very good price) dont know about the brand but comes with 5
year warranty

2. DLink DES-1024R from Harris Technology - price $667 - incl rackmounts

3. Nettcomm 24 port Pro switch from Harris Technology - price $745 incl
rackmounts.

4. Netgear FS524 from Harris Technology - price $799 - dont know about the
rackmounts

5. 3Com SuperStack III from Harris Technology - price $923

Can anyone make any recommendations/suggestions/give personal
recommendations/ offer any other advice.

Thanks in advance

Steve